A Destination Wedding isn’t just another vacation; it’s an experience that you and your loved ones will be talking about for years to come. It is the fairytale you always dreamed of coming true.
A good Destination Wedding Planner will focus on helping you to create the exact wedding that you want. Thinking about fireworks on the beach after you officially say “I do”? No problem. Interested in screening a photo presentation of you and your beloved during dinner for guests? Of course! Want to thank your guests by leaving a personalized gift in all of their rooms before check in? Sure! You can turn what would be a four or five hour reception into a four or five day party to celebrate your nuptials.
Here are a few ideas for what’s involved with planning a Destination Wedding, and what a Consultant could assist you with in the planning process.
- Choose the best resort for you. How far do you want to go? Are you looking for an adult’s only resort? What locale is best for the time of year you’re getting
married? Will off-season rates help your budget? When is off-season for your destination?
- Decide on the number of days at the resort, length of the cruise, class of hotel, airfare, cost of meals and admissions.
- Learn about regulations per destination. Sort out legal information, service fees, blood tests, and any other paperwork formalities. Your Destination Wedding Planner will handle all of your wedding documentation.
- Book the venue for the wedding and reception.
- Create a pricing package for you and your guests.
- Create invitation inserts with travel itineraries and pricing, so that all guests know what they need up front. Do this at least five months in advance to assure that people have time to create travel plans.
- Have a travel escort go with you to help make sure that everything is perfect.
- Create a fully scheduled itinerary for all guests for the time you are away and a meet and greet with friends and family at a lounge or night club to go over your itinerary upon check in.
And the best part about a Destination Wedding? Most Destination Weddings cost less than traditional weddings and it is easy to include your honeymoon in the cost of the trip. Consider getting married at one beautiful resort and bidding farewell to your family as you travel to a different resort in close proximity.
Could you set this all up on your own? You could, but think about the ease of having an experienced Destination Wedding Planner assist you with the details. You have no errands to run once you arrive at your destination, you can relax on the beach the day before your wedding, and someone else will handle everything for you.
What are you waiting for? The rest of your life starts today. Contact a Boscov’s Travel Specialist now to get started.