Last year I shared some impressive details about Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest and most incredible ship. She sets sail on May 12, 2013 from New York City and we couldn’t be more excited!
NCL has been slowly releasing more information on this massive, floating fun zone. In addition to The Waterfront, 678 Ocean Place, Breakaway Casino, The Manhattan Room; there is much more included for its lucky passengers.
My favorite thing about traveling has always been the food, so let’s start with all of the great on-board restaurant choices. Besides the six different complimentary dining options on the Breakaway, including O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill, there are also eight different specialty restaurants from a range of cuisine choices.
- Ocean Blue – NCL’s first-ever fine-dining seafood experience brought to you by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian.
- Le Bistro French Restaurant – NCL’s signature French restaurant with new Atrium Al Fresco seating options.
- Cagney’s Steakhouse – NCL’s classic, signature steakhouse perched high atop The Manhattan Room.
- Teppanyaki – A guest favorite, Teppanyaki is an exciting hibachi-style dinner and show.
- Moderna Churrascaria – The first Brazilian-style steakhouse at sea, Moderna Churrascaria offers beautiful indoor and outdoor seating options to complement their mouth-watering menu options.
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar – The largest noodle bar at sea is the answer to your cravings for a taste of the Orient.
- La Cucina Italian Restaurant – This colorful piazza-style trattoria offers family style Italian dining on The Waterfront.
- Wasabi Sushi Bar – Sushi, sashimi and more, artfully presented and prepared as you watch.
In addition to all of the great options already mentioned, the Breakaway went a step further and added some extra tasty treats to their menu. Setting sail for the first time in May is Carlo’s Bake Shop, the famous bakery from TV’s “The Cake Boss”. And if you are looking for a way to cool down while indulging your sweet tooth, check out Dolce Gelato; a true mouth-pleaser.
Believe it or not, Breakaway’s dining options aren’t the only headliners aboard; the entertainment options are out of this world!